As a reminder, upon receipt of a new contract offering, each member may:
- Enroll in the contract by completing and returning the “enrollment form” to the LRPHO.
- Decline the contract offering
- Ask the LRPHO to messenger a “counter offer” on specific codes to the payer.
- The request must be submitted to the LRPHO, in writing, on the member’s office letterhead.
- The request must clearly identify the payer(s) to whom the member would like the “counter offer” to be messengered.
- The request must include a list of the individual CPT codes and the requested revised rate(s).
The LRPHO will messenger the counter offer to the specific payer. The payer may then choose to:
- Accept the messengered counter offer.
- Submit a counter offer through the LRPHO for the member’s consideration
- Decline the messengered counter offer.
As always, providers/groups remain free to contract directly with any payer.